1. This warranty only covers “Incised UC4” fence posts and sleepers supplied by ECC Teo.
2. To activate the 15 year warranty, all details and submissions must be registered as outlined on back page.
3. Registrations for the 15 year warranty must be received no later than 90 days from the invoice date to validate any registration.
4. Upon registration with proof of purchase submitted, the claimant will be sent an email or postal confirmation with notification of registration to the warranty scheme registered on www.ecc.ie/warranty
5. The guarantee is for the cost of re-supply by ECC Teo, of a component that is proven to have failed as a result of fungal decay or insect attack within 15 years of supply.
6. It does not cover the costs of removal or reinstatement of such components or consequential costs or loss due to failure of the component.
7. To submit a warranty claim you must: Contact the ECC Customer Sales on 0845 3990919 or firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of 15 year expiry date to make the request and provide proof of registered warranty, as per written confirmation sent at the time of online warranty registration.
8. On submission of a claim for product failure to ECC Teo under this Warranty, the customer shall provide ECC Teo with:
(a) A cross section of the timber (minimum 200mm length) exhibiting the product failure due to fungal decay or insect attack that is sufficient for testing.
(b) Such other information as ECC Teo may reasonably require such as access to the site of installation etc.
(c) A photograph of the affected product in situ.
9. ECC Teo will promptly investigate the complaint and establish the issues surrounding the claim before a final decision is made on product replacement.
10. The terms “rot” and “fungal decay” as used in this Guarantee mean attack by wood destroying fungi that disintegrate the wood cell walls.
11. “Weathering” of wood is not fungal decay or rot of any type or definition and is excluded.
12. The term ‘insect attack’ refers to attack by wood destroying insects that destroy the timber structure such as termites.
13. The term ‘failed’ refers to damage caused by insects and/or fungi to render the component no longer fit for purpose.
14. Only ECC Teo “Incised UC4” Timber treated to Use Class 4 must be used in ground contact situations.
15. Users should refer to additional information in relation to exclusions available at www.ecc.ie
16. The 15 year warranty is not transferable and no alternative will be offered.
17. This guarantee does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer.